It's time for a celebration! Time to highlight your work, your impact and your commitment—a recognition of the USGBC volunteers who transform their communities into healthier and more sustainable places.
Changemakers, advocates and legendary leaders in the USGBC community have made a tremendous impact with their efforts to build greener markets throughout the world. Last year, we honored some of these amazing people and their service at Convergence in San Diego:
- The launch of GRO El Paso, a leadership and community event that bridges sustainability and culture that has deepened the engagement of new audiences in the region.
- A partnership with the ASHRAE Standards Committee, which is designing a green building code that plugs into LEED.
- The creation of a Living Architecture Performance Tool—a new product designed to measure the performance and quality of living architecture systems.
As we get ready for Convergence 2016 in Jacksonville June 20-23, 2016, we want to hear from you. Who do you think deserves a volunteer award this year?
- Community Changemaker: An individual whose efforts at the grassroots level are remarkable.
- Greenest Apple: An individual whose contributions to the green schools movement stand out and make them a true leader.
- Astounding Advocate: A volunteer who has advanced advocacy for green building through policy or government at all levels.
- Rising Star: A volunteer who is a UGBC Student or Emerging Professional, bringing energy and innovation to community projects.
- Legendary Leader: A long-serving USGBC volunteer who has invigorated the community with their ideas and electric energy.
Nominations are open until March 11 for volunteers whose exceptional service has significantly advanced USGBC’s mission. Awardees will be selected by USGBC leadership and recognized at Convergence. They also receive free registration for Convergence, lodging and hotel. If you have any questions, please email Colin White.